Monday, August 1, 2016

Liberian Independence

Aug 1, 2016

Hello!
Another week came and I thought I would have time with it but it ran from me too fast! Still a good one!

Tuesday was Liberia's independence Day and holy cow we had fun but it was a little crazy. So first, I found myself at home for a little bit when I went to our Elders Quorum President's house for lunch. We were eating salad (not common) with Avocado, cucumber, and tomato(Unheard of) while listening to Jayson Mraz. Then after teaching a lesson to their niece who is investigating the church, we played Monopoly with the family with NCIS on the TV. 

I know all this may sound very normal to all of you but I assure you THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS JUST SO HAPPY AND CONFUSED WITH WHAT WAS GOING ON I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCE SOMETHING SO NICE, I MEAN NCIS WAS ON THE TV, COME ON. Sorry, had to let it out somehow. We had a good time, except when I first showed up the rain was heavy and I slipped and fell in a pile of mud. Awesome. They drove me home afterwards to change.

We saw a few other families and investigators that day but most were busy celebrating by eating rice and playing football (the real one). But holy Moses these people go insane for Independence. Honestly it's hard for me to describe so I'll just list some descriptive words; Music, people, SO MANY PEOPLE, riots, thieves, short or limited clothing on those people, clubs, alcohol, slight mayhem, basically having the time of their lives. Like I live outside the city and that's what I experienced.

On another note, we are doing well preparing our friends for their baptism in a couple weeks! I am hoping they will continue to keep their commitments and grow their testimonies, super excited for them. They are working hard. I really love the Branch and the members that are inside of it, there's just a spirit of friendship and union here and I love it. Feels like home.

Well, I could have probably put in more quality things, but this is all I can think of now. I love this work and how much focus and energy it takes to be successful.

"When you play, play hard. When you work, don't play at all"

Elder Verdoni

No comments:

Post a Comment