Monday, October 5, 2015

Oct 5, 2015

One of the funnest weeks ever

This week was definitely one of the funnest weeks of my mission! I loved it! all except Wednesday.

Okay so this week started out normal, but on Wednesday we got stuck in the office all day, which is fine, it's not the first, nor the last time, but for some reason that time just really killed my mood, wasn't the best day but I slept it off and was alright. 

We had 4 other Elders with us from Thursday till today as their apartment was getting fixed, so they stayed with us until all that was complete. It was so awesome. I loved having people here! I love Elder Treadway but man it can get lonely at times, so it was a good change for a bit, lots of fun. We played Uno and then on Saturday I bought Monopoly, Lebanese Monopoly. This game was half in Arabic and was so messed up, which is probably why it made it so fun. We loved it. I lost every time, so no pride there. 

When we weren't playing, we were watching General Conference. I GOT TO WATCH ALL OF GENERAL CONFERENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME MY WHOLE MISSION, AND I WATCHED IT LIVE. The morning Session started at 4pm, which is a bit later than 9, but I'm on the other side of the planet, such a good conference though. I learned so much, and really gained some insights that will stick with me for the rest of my life. Really sad to see President Monson speak, it was a great talk, but hard to watch him struggle to speak. That man wasn't going to let anything stop him from finishing his talk. props to him. The three new Apostles are great, and like every conference, Elder Holland's talk rocked. Weird to think I have only one General Conference left..how weird.

Lots of rain this week! pretty big storms! watched a tree get blown over and crush a little shop and drag electric wires all over the road, no one was hurt, but crazy to watch. Also, I am really into football, sorry I mean soccer, now. Like, its so fun to watch and to be involved in, that isn't gonna leave me. Go Arsenal.

Other than that, the work is great, and so is life. I wasn't able to work too much this week as I had to help deal with the Elders Apartment and a lot of office work, but life is awesome. I hope you guys have a great week and find a scripture to ponderize about!
Love
Elder Verdoni 

Letter to Mom
Well conference was so good, I almost stayed up to watch the Priesthood session, but that was from 12 to 2am, so no, I crashed lol. I loved conference. We didn't have too many goodies but we had cookies and no-bakes and chips. and no puzzles but Monopoly. (We generally had lots of goodies and puzzels during conference when he was younger)  Loved it, I loved the talks so much! especially Elder Holland's. That's all for you mom. Thanks for all that you have done. I sure do miss feeling that love face to face, but then again, soon enough. Still trying to be a good assistant, it's not easy, especially when no one is to sure as to what all I should be doing, but step by step I'll learn.



Watching conference 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment