Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Mar 21, 2016

2 Kings 6:16-17

I love that scripture, We are Never alone. And we are less alone than we think we are. It reminds me of a quote from Elder Holland,
"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike--and they will--you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed.”

It's something that I love to think about. This week was pretty good but I don't have too much of noteworthy events that happened that I can think about, okay actually there's a few! 

I went on exchanges this week with Elder Degen and Elder Eguko in Gardnersville New Georgia. It was a really good time! It was even better because I slept on an air mattress and not the floor! You remember when I wrote how I felt something crawling on me all that night when I slept there last time? I figured it was a roach or something, no big deal. No. They found it the day after we left. Probably the biggest spider I've seen here, if not it was a close 2nd. I'll find a picture. Other than that the exchange was sweet, I always love seeing other areas. 

We also Had a zone activity today with our zone (Sinkor) and another (Gardnersville- Elder Degen is a Zone Leader there) to play some football (soccer) and eat and have a good time! And it was a good time! And hot...really hot.

But this week has been great in terms of the people we are teaching. We have a few that are just doing exceptionally well who'd I'd like to mention. "E" is a 19 year old girl we've been teaching for a little bit who ran up behind us to tell us she wants to be a member of the Church. Turns out she was actually serious! These past few weeks have been good but she's usually very shy, doesn't look you in the eye, quiet and hardly laughs or smiles. But man she's been getting better small small (it's an expression here go with it) until we had a Relief Society Program this week and she went! We met her after and turns out she loved it! Made some good friends with my Recent Converts in the branch which is such a blessing. But she is all smiles now, and laughs and talks and is really progressing. I think it really helped her take the next step and feel more comfortable around us and the Church. She'll be baptized on the 9th of April.

We also have "I", he is a solid man. He's been coming to church for over a year now so the Gospel isn't that new to him. We've had to work to overcome a few problems with him but he has and to see how his faith has grown when he tested the Lords promises and the Lord fulfills those promises (He always does) He will also be baptized April 9.

I have never found more happiness than in helping those I care about become happy and to see their lives change. To see them change. I love it and I love who they become. Happier, free, and filled with His light and Love.

"The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."
- Ezra Taft Benson

Love Elder Verdoni
 
Elder Degen and Eguko



  

  
 It's hot, very hot

 Tuna Melts!




BIG SPIDER THAT CRAWLED ON ME WHILE SLEEPING!
.
.
.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment