Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 16, 2016

A Good Week


Hey everyone!
This week was good, we had all week to proselyte and work in our area while President is doing his quarterly missionary interviews. It was so sweet! Elder Wight and I absolutely killed it!! One of the best weeks we've ever had, okay THE best week we've ever had in terms of lessons at least. We taught 36 lessons in 5 days! On Thursday we went on exchanges and so we were not able to work in our own area so we were down a day but holy moly it was so nice to see all the people that we did. We have a found a lot of new investigators who are really prepared! It was so cool.

The exchanges on Thursday were good too, I went with Elder Hales in Matadi to do some good work! I love Matadi, it's a great place but I know I'll never get transferred there because I know it well enough already. hahah

We found and taught a less-active family this week. They are a sweet family and we had a good lesson with them, it was more of a casual get to know you and break the ice kinda lesson, but they loved and the Spirit was present as we explained our purpose. The kids came to church on Sunday at least, but the parents will take some more time.

Our branch has been doing a great job at getting the Recent Converts involved in the Branch here. 3 were just called as Branch Missionaries (And it's awesome!), they're in the Elders Quorum presidency, the YW presidency, teachers in those quorums, and ones the Executive Secretary! Also, the Branch President has a different Recent Convert giving a talk every week! It is so awesome. These converts are really becoming the strength in the Branch and they have no idea. I am just grateful I've been in this branch long enough to see all of this happen to them and to see them grow. I love them all so much. To see the fire of their testimony in their eyes and in their whole demeanor increases my own.

Other than that I can't really think of anything noteworthy, now I'm sure there is but I'm forgetting it.
Anyway, have a good week!
Elder Verdoni
The view from the top of the mission office


A great friend of mine





No comments:

Post a Comment