Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016

You Win Some, You Lose Some Too

This week sure did have it's ups and downs, but that's the way life is!

Elder Tana and I were a little less than successful this week in our work. Just one of those weeks where you plan well, you work hard, and yet still things end up falling through and not going the way you wanted. 

We had a lot of appointments fall through this week, and things working out in pretty much as opposite as we could have wanted, but it was still pretty good.

On Thursday we had Zone Meeting, and that was pretty good, Elder Degen instructed on Humility and Virtue, I learned a lot actually. Humility is total dependency on a higher power, or Our Father. Humility is not what a lot of us think about. Most of us have seen Local or General leaders of the church who are very upfront, or bold, or even abrasive. Not usual definitions we put to Humble. But most of them are that way because they are not here to please us, they are here to serve God, with exactness and without restriction. So at times they have to be willing to offend, or as the bible says, "to salute no man by the way." They gather their strength from Christ, for the love him, rely on him, and follow him as best they can and help us follow Him too. Humility is strength. It is power. It is boldness. When we are humble in following His will, we are not afraid, "for perfect love casteth out fear." It was just interesting to me to think that people are willing to be so weak, to lose so much strength, because they refuse to receive God's help. Why anyone would reject a God's help is beyond me, but I guess that's why I'm a missionary, to help people learn that there is a God who is willing to offer his help and strength to our lives. I try to receive it daily, and I try to help others receive it too.

Other than that, this week was nice, I love the people. I think I say that a lot but if there's anything I want the people here to ever remember me for, it's that. It's not my powerful messages, or the number of converts, but that I love them. That they felt a piece of God's love for them because I served and loved them. And I will do that till the very end.
Elder Verdoni

Pics will be updated later in the week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment