Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Jan 5, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well Happy New Year everyone!! It's 2015 and that's kinda crazy! But this is my Mission Year, the one entire year I spend on my mission, and now I say that I go home next year! lol. But this week was pretty fun! So let me tell you about it!

Our ward held a new years party and us missionaries went to help set it up and prepare in the morning. We helped cook banku and pound fufu, and they also slaughtered a goat, like right there on the church lawn! hahah. It's normal to them but man it took me by surprise, but also cool. That night at the party we showed up and ate Jollof rice (Freaking delicious by the way) and just hung out. But man the music they were playing wasn't church-y at all, like it was rap music, Drake and Lil Wayne rap music. Now it disturbed me but out here American curse words don't mean a thing, to anyone. So they were enjoying and I was uncomfortable but I still had fun.

I went on exchanges with elder Abrams again this week and that was sweet. We worked hard and got tons of attention because, well, we're both white. We stopped by one of our members houses to say hi and they fed us some soup, but while we were eating said soup, FROZEN WAS ON THE TV. It was flipping legit, I mean I didn't watch it, but if I did I would say that it wasn't the whole movie,  just the "let it go" music video, again only if I watched it.. but they invited all 4 of us missionaries to eat rice ball with groundnut soup with them on Saturday. So we did and it really is one of my favorite dishes here, it's sooo good. (they don't have peanuts, they have groundnuts) but my work here is good. I was able to wake up and still celebrate New Year for the US since when it's midnight there, it's only 7am here so that was cool.

But yeah that was my week, reading lots, teaching lots, oh and zone conference is this week so expect some cool photos! But I love you all, and hope you have a great week!!
Elder Verdoni

Email to Mom
Wow you got snow!! Thats so flipping cool! I wish it was cold here at all, hahah some of people here say it's cold and Elder Abrams and I laugh, cus it's not! lol (Mesa, AZ got snow on New Years Eve. It's a rare day when we get snow!)

(Is Zone conference with all 180+ missionaries?) No, just like 3 zones and conferences are every 3 months, so about 4 a year, but they're fun and we get fed really good and I'll get my mail so I'm excited!!

Kids from church
This is my African spoon!
Cereal anyone?

Cooking french toast on New Years with Elder Abrams

Rice ball


Goat before dinner
Goat for dinner 

Exchanges with Elder Abrams
A huge wasp


No comments:

Post a Comment