Tuesday, February 3, 2015


Feb 2, 2015

"I think I can, I think I can"

Hellloooo everyone! I hope all is well with all of you! Life 11,000 miles away is pretty good too! So let me tell you about my week then!

Tuesday we had a Zone Meeting and it was really good, I learned a lot and it really encouraged me. The District Leaders had a particular meeting with the Zone Leaders after and that was really cool. We discussed the progress of our Areas and what we could do to improve the Mission Culture. (The Culture of the mission has been "let's be disobedient" in the past, so we are really trying to change that. A lot of missionaries are really really obedient now so its great) I left that meeting feeling very edified and uplifted. 

Our power situation is still horrible (And I suspect that to last the next 19 months) 6 hours on and 12 hours off, or sometimes it will just do whatever it wants, Everyone has agency I suppose. But We still have running water so no wahala (pigeon english, learning that too)

I went on exchanges with Elder Enweonwu on Thursday and it was really good, he is a great Missionary and super funny. I loved it. Although it was weird being the one doing the training since I'm DL but it was good, we both learned and have a desire to improve.

But here comes the bad new...I broke and SD card..my music SD card. I put it in the card reader wrong and when i tried to pull it out..CRACK it snapped in half. So there goes my music! haha it killed my day but all will be well eventually. The other elders have music so it's still good
I ate fufu yesterday! And I didn't hate it! okay I didn't enjoy it but I ate it all this time! So that's a definite improvement on my part.

Being District Leader is a lot of work and responsibility but I love it. It has helped me grow and I've learned a lot from it. It is a great position for me to serve the Elders around me.
Well that was my week!

My photo SD card for my camera has also experienced some problems (again) so I don't have as much but here are some!
Pounding Fufu
Eating Fufu
Remember the movie "Cool Runnings?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment