Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 16, 2015

A Day Late!

Hey everyone! Well I'm little late, by a day, but I'll explain. Also, I worked on a farm and later almost died! I'll also explain.

So first off, I'm in Kumasi for Zone meeting and had no chance to email yesterday, so this is my day to do it! Zone meeting was great, it is just so nice to meet with all the other missionaries in my zone.

Last Tuesday us four Elders went to an investigators cocoa farm to help clear some weeds, WITH A MACHETE! yeah, it was awesome! The farm is like straight in the jungle "bush." We walked three miles to it and it's in the middle of nowhere, super cool. Loved it. Plucked and ate ripe cocoa and coconut. Also super cool.

We finally got a fridge this week! It's been some time without it, although all we put in it is water so it's cold, but wow, cold drinking water makes life so much better.

So in terms of me almost dying, I really didn't almost die, but I felt like it. I got pretty sick. It wasn't malaria. We're not sure what it was but it knocked me down for three days. I woke up in the middle of the night to huge body pains and never being so cold in my life, I was literally shivering and my teeth were chattering, so I checked my temp and it was a good ole 107.8  wow. I was miserable. I couldn't sleep again I just hurt, so I told myself, "If I live till morning, I'll call Sister Barney (mission nurse)" well I did, I fell asleep eventually to wake up an hour later being so so so hot! but with a temp of 103. and that was my life for three days, but I'm cool now :)

That's my week! lots of great rain and weather, so life is boko (cool)
Me Do munyinaa (I didn't spell it right, but yeah, love you all)
Elder Verdoni








No comments:

Post a Comment