Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7, 2015

I'VE BEEN CALLED

This week was really good, I loved it. We met the new mission president, had a baptism and I got a calling, so lets talk!

So, President and Sister Cosgrave are amazing. We met them on Friday in a tri-zone meeting in Kumasi. It was really cool. We were assigned to study Matthew 4, John 21, and Moroni 7 prior to the meeting. It was what President talked on the entire time. Really cool and really spiritual. It was alot about obedience, being called to the work and how we should approach the work. I loved it. President Cosgrave is a great man, he is funny, sincere and down to earth. But also not afraid to be strict, which I think is great.  

After the meeting, and a mean (Great) lunch, I had an interview with President. During the Interview I was called to a trainer for a new missionary! I will report to the Mission Home tomorrow to pick him up. I am really excited. I won't know who he is until I meet him. I am pretty nervous as well, I hope I can really help this Elder adjust to mission life and teach him how to be a consecrated missionary. Elder Williamson is being transferred to other side of Kumasi into another village, so he'll be pretty far away. 

Sunday, our investigator Gc was baptized. It was supposed to be 3 but again, some things got in the way, we will work on them. The baptism was great though, she was very, very happy and I was too.

 In my area now, with the referrals and investigators we have, my companion and I could achieve 10-20 more baptisms in the next three months, IF we work hard and work by the Spirit, but I'm expecting to do just that.

I love my mission so much, I have learned and grown by leaps and bounds but it's so cool to see how much more I need to learn, and how much farther I am yet to grow. The refiners fire is real. I love you all
Elder Verdoni
 Sister cosgrave and I 

The Barney's and I


No comments:

Post a Comment