Monday, August 24, 2015

Aug 24, 2015

REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG NEWS

Hey everyone!! This email sure is early! (3:30a.m. AZ time) But we are in town today so that we can meet President Clayton of the Seventy tomorrow! So that's pretty exciting!! 

This week was good though, Elder Merrill's new companion is Elder St. Mars from Idaho, his older brother is actually in the same mission as my lil bro Elder Verdoni, so that's 2legit. He is a cool guy and is really prepared, I like him.

In other news, Sardines flipping rock! They're delicious! I never tried that back home but they are definitely my favorite fish here, I honestly could eat them straight out of the can.
Like I said, we meet President Clayton tomorrow as a mission, so I will see a lot of my friends who I haven't seen in a while.

OKAY TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE BIG NEWS: LIBERIA
I received a call from my Mission President telling me that I have been reassigned to the Liberia Monrovia Mission...WHAT? I am one of the only two from this mission assigned to go re-open it. I will be going and obviously be a trainer for some of the new missionaries coming. I don't know a ton of information, but I will meet with President Cosgrave Tuesday and we will discuss more. But he got a call late in the night giving him the news that I will be going. It went through the First Presidency, that's so cool. We don't know when I will be leaving, (Mom was told Sept 10 by stake president) but the new missionaries get there late September, and I will need to be there before them, So it will be in a few weeks. Kinda crazy, I get to go back to my original call, and serve there for a year almost exactly. I just think it's crazy that I get to do this, I feel honored. Really honored. It's gonna be a REALLY crazy ride, but I'm gonna ride it with no hands. That's pretty much all I know, but I should know more next week so we'll see! I don't even get to finish this transfer here! but that's my week.

I love you guys tons, sorry I didn't take many, if any, pictures this week, it went fast.
Take care
Elder Verdoni









No comments:

Post a Comment