Monday, August 31, 2015

Elder Verdoni's son and father. (His trainee and trainer) 
Elder Hill and Elder Moshani
Aug 31, 2015

Liberia and General Authorities

Hey everyone! I hope you had a good week. My grandmothers funeral was this week and I see that it went well. I will miss her but I know that she is in a much better place. I love her dearly.

This week I met Elder Clayton of the Presidents of the Seventy. Big words I know but he was amazing. The spirit that was with him was very very noticeable. He spoke and I could feel the Spirit as he did. I learned a lot from him, it was a really good experience. Tomorrow I get to meet Elder Curtis of the Seventy, so I'm still excited!

I don't really have too much news concerning Liberia other than I am still going! Out of the 180 missionaries in my mission I am one of the two reassigned to Liberia. The other is Sister Williams, she left today as she is a native Liberian and all of them are reassigned to open the Mission there. There will only be 25 Elders in the mission(!!) so it will be very, very, very small. But awesome! I feel honored that I am able to go and lay the foundation of missionary work that other missionaries will build on for decades to come. It's kind of heavy, but I am ready for that kind of responsibility, at least the Lord knows I am. I should be leaving in a week or two, just waiting for THE CALL haha.

I went on exchanges with my Zone Leader, Elder Peterson this week, I loved it! He is a great missionary and I learned a lot from him. I know now what specifically I can work on to improve. I am striving to become a total "Preach my Gospel" Missionary, so that I can be as effective as I can be in the Lords hands.

We had an "evangelist" come to church this Sunday.. He doesn't go to any church but helps people find Christ, although he came to ours. It was okay until the second hour, he refused to listen and wanted to teach, he was just so hardhearted and he drove The Spirit the away. I had to stand up in class and tell him and everyone else to stop. It was an interesting experience. He left after that class. I feel bad for him, but I felt the Spirit of the Lord that day and that's what matters.
What also matters is that I love this work! I love being a missionary
Elder Verdoni

In Letter to Mom
I went to see "Em" this morning, I loved it so much!! It was so so nice to see her and her family. We spent some time there and she fed us four elders, it was a good goodbye, so grateful I was able to see her again. 
What is something you didn't need to bring and what is something you should have brought?
yeah, two shoulder bags lol mostly useless, but I use them for meetings, just not proselyting.
umm, like I wished I had  a laundry plunger!! look it up! Elder Hill has one and it's an angel. I'm gonna miss that. 

 

 Kids made a cart and played for awhile


Hand wash plunger
vs
Hand washing (in the dark)




No comments:

Post a Comment