Monday, April 25, 2016

Apr 25, 2016

Joshua 1:9


That is one of my favorite scriptures, too bad I'm not using it for some super spiritual experience this time around, it was just one of the many scriptures that I quoted to myself as I forced down the 5th free meal of the day. Holy cow Sunday was great for food, but bad on the stomach. Now I love getting free food as much as the next Elder, but it eventually turns from enjoyment to endurance. Cause you hit that "wall." No more room, but you still got half a bowl of rice left, it's a painful task to handle, but it must be handled if you don't want to offend the person who served you. I think there's some good moral lesson in there somewhere.

This week was awesome though! We got more Missionaries! 12 more to be exact, 9 elders and 3 sisters to be more precise. They are all awesome, and I'm so excited to have them here. I have loved every set of missionaries that I have welcomed. The Lord has just blessed this Mission with Missionaries who are happy, ready and want to serve. I love it.

Elder Wight and I broke some companionship records this week as well! We got the most lessons(31) and the most investigators at church(16) we've ever had as a companionship, which we were super proud of. We have been trying really hard to work as much as we can in our area on top of working with the Mission President and what he needs us to do, the Lord really provides a way to help us.

We played volleyball again today!! It was supposed to be our District versus the Congo Town District but they fell through but the 2 Sister Missionaries came from that District plus the members from Sinkor and Matadi branches, we had a good turn out and a great time. I love it so much! One, because I suck at every other sport, and two, the members love it and get excited and want to come back to play more. Oh and three, you make some good friends with the other missionaries, although this mission is so small we're all pretty good friends already.

We're looking ahead to a baptism this week, Ruth and Ruth. We're excited for both of them, they've both come a long way! We're excited!
Elder Verdoni
1. Sister Weah, a Branch missionary who left for her mission in Nigeria!
2. His name is Blessing and he's my favorite







No comments:

Post a Comment