Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dec 1, 2014

Akwabaa!

Good morning everyone!! This week was pretty fun! and super super fast. I can't believe I am on my last week of the transfer! Last week of training and I become a "normal" missionary!! HOLLA.

Okay so I'll start with the serious stuff: We are teaching Emilia's husband, Isaac. Emilia is the shop lady who is incredibly faithful and is already giving us referrals (a big deal for a missionary). But there is a downside, Isaac doesn't speak English at all. none. and he can barely understand it. But we want to baptize them as a family so we're teaching him. We usually bring a member with us who can speak Twi but the lesson this week no one was available so Emilia offered to help. She's awesome. We read 1 Nephi 3 and the lesson on faith and obedience. And for there not being much English in that lesson I sure did feel the Spirit. It was incredible. He understood the message and even told Emilia, "I want to be like Nephi, I want to be obedient" so that's what we're teaching him now. I really like their family, we are about to teach one of her sons too, Kofi. 

Okay now for other stuff! Us four missionaries in the Apartment are all really close to Emilia, since her shop is 30 yards from our house. But we actually run and play soccer with her and her kids 2-3 times a week, and we stop by her shop everyday. It is a lot of fun! You know what else is a lot of fun? We (a lot of us Elders) are celebrating Thanksgiving today by Going to the Golden Bean for lunch! I'm writing this before I go but be assured it is gonna be 2legit. 

And one more little fun fact; I have made 7 kids cry this month (November) yeah, 7. haha  I don't do anything, they're just terrified of a broni! (white guy) It's sad and hilarious at the same time. 

Our towns transformer blew this week so it is now day 3 without power, so I'll keep you updated! But we have running water so it isn't as bad. I love being here, it is flipping sweet. It is a total adventure, everything is so different!! I love you all tons, thanks for the emails!

till next time,
Elder Verdoni

 P.s. "Never suppress a generous thought"


Elder Moshani and I stuck in the rain at Emilia's shop



Me eating Banku










Non alcoholic Lol











     
Elder Abrams and I went on exchanges!

That's a school

Our state-of-the-art stove and pots

What? Elder Moshani eats french toast with Ketchup?

No comments:

Post a Comment