Monday, October 20, 2014

Sept 29, 2014

Week 2

Wow well this week went by fast! It will be great when I get to see everything and i get to know the area much better (our area is huge BTW) Well I have been living without a piece of luggage this whole time and I won’t be surprised if i never get it back, oh well. I’m doing good without it and I'll manage just fine(but it would be nice to have it haha) (MOM insert - He had No sheets, only two shirts & two pants - handwashing)

So I heard the stories of children crying when they see a white man but I didn’t know that I would have that experience hahah! Yeah so far I have made two little children cry because I am the "red man", but one of them likes me now so there’s progress. All the rest of the children love me. They sing and dance and call me "obroni" I kid you not. It gets kind of annoying hahaha but I just smile and wave. The kids are so cute though holy cow!! Adorable 110%, but I don’t know if I’m allowed to take pictures with them so we will see haha.

Teaching is actually really really cool, IF I teach with unity and with the spirit. When I’m truly prepared and ready to teach and rely on the spirit, He gives me what i need to say in the moment that I need to say it, it’s wonderful. It is so rewarding seeing people accept the gospel and change it has in their lives, we have a baptism in a couple weeks and I’m so excited!

 THE RAIN HERE IS SO FLIPPING COOL. When it rains it pours! Holy cow haha I love it! Sometimes the rain is too loud to teach during. it comes down and sheets and mini rivers form in minutes! And since most the roads are dirt it makes for a pretty interesting walk. But I am really starting to love it here; I know it’ll take some more time to get totally used to it but man I am glad I am here. I know the Lord needs me here and is with me every step of the way. I have truly felt his presence and his love for me. I know this Gospel is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God. I love the work, it’s not easy work, but it is worth it. I love it. My companion has been an immense help in helping me adjust to my new life here, he is a blessing. I love you all so much, thank you for your support! I can’t believe I’ve been out for a month already.





No comments:

Post a Comment